Developed internally for our Adjustly theme, this plugin allows authors to link 2 html elements together as trigger and target. When the trigger is clicked the target will immediately expand to reveal its content.
Try the Demo
If you’re interested in seeing what a default installation of Adjustly Collapse has to offer, have a look at some samples on our site.
The basic structure without any CSS bells and whistles looks like this:
<a class="aj-collapse" rel="myslidingcontent">trigger</a> <div class="aj-hidden" id="myslidingcontent">target: this content is hidden by default</div>
In the example above, the trigger is an href element and the target is a div element. Note that the target can be any element you choose.
Each trigger and target pair must contain a common label so that the trigger knows which target to expand or collapse. The trigger rel tag must be the same name as the target’s id tag. If you plan on having multiple collapsible elements in a page, post or theme then you will need to ensure that the rel and id tags are always unique for each trigger/target combo.
- The trigger must always have the following class name: class=»aj-collapse»
- The target can have either of 2 classes: class=»aj-hidden» will make the target collapsed by default while class=»aj-visible» will display the content normally but allow the viewer to collapse it.
The trigger and target do not have to be next to each other. The target can be at the opposite end of the article or you can place it within the trigger. Theme developers can use it to make widgets collapsible.
- Activate the plugin through the «Plugins» menu in WordPress
- Leave a comment at http://www.psdcovers.com/adjustly-collapse/
- Can I use my existing WordPress theme?
Of course! The plugin is quite useful but isn’t dependant on any functionality found in any given version of WordPress. But this is our first plugin and therefore has only been tested with the most recent release of WP which is why we can only claim 3.3.1 compatibility.
- Will this affect my SEO?
No. The content is clearly visible to search engines and very friendly.
- I am new to Social, do you have a Facebook page?
Yes we do, but as our brand identity… PSDCovers. Please like!
- How about Twitter?
Yes! @psdcovers does the twitter. please follow!
- How does one use the shortcode, exactly?
This plugin does not use shortcodes.
There are no reviews for this plugin.