This plugin is a WordPress core feature-plugin that adds cropping to background images for parity with header images. For this particular feature the implementation is quite simple, but it’s starting out as a plugin to gauge user interest in this feature and whether the feature improves the user experience of background images.
This plugin requires WordPress 4.3 Beta 3 or later.
If you’re interested in contributing to this project, ping @celloexpressions on WordPress core Slack. Please comment on the trac ticket with ideas and feedback: https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/32403.
- Take the easy route and install through the WordPress plugin installer OR
- Download the .zip file and upload the unzipped folder to the
- Aktiver innstikket gjennom Innstikk-menyen i WordPress
- Visit the Customizer (Appearance -> Customize) to change your background image and be able to crop it after selecting it.
Bidragsytarar og utviklarar
“Background Image Cropper” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Add plugin textdomain for translations.
- Clarify image context handling.
- Fix initial display in WordPress 4.6 and later.
- Fix in-control preview of selected image in WordPress 4.6 and later.
- Ensure that the background-image context is set for selected images, so that they’re marked as background images in the media library.
- Refine handling in conjunction with the improved background image properties UI in WordPress 4.7.
- Fix setting handling.
- Initial commit.
- Full functionality pending the completion of https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/29211