Automatically expands URLs at the following known link shorteners when you save a post:
Install the plugin and activate it. The next time you paste a supported short URL into a post, it will be updated when the post is saved.
What if the destination redirects to another link?
If the destination is another known URL shortener (ex. t.co pointing to bit.ly pointing to wp.me pointing to a blog post), it’ll keep going up to 5 levels (to avoid infinite loops!) or until it gets a URL that isn’t on the list.
How do I add a shortener to the list?
It’s not supported yet, but I plan on adding an options page for it.
I’m running on a local server and this doesn’t do anything!
Most likely your system is configured to block your local webserver
from making outgoing connections. This is a sensible default for security!
Depending on your system, it may be blocked by a local or network firewall.
If you’re running Fedora Workstation with SELinux (like I am), this will enable it:
sudo setsebool -P httpd_can_network_connect true
Thanks to igienger’s post on the WordPress support forums!
What about compatibility?
It should work going back to the classic editor and forward to the block editor. It even works on ClassicPress.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Bidragsytarar og utviklarar
“Unwrap Shortlinks” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Omset “Unwrap Shortlinks” til ditt eige språk.
Interested in development?
Les kjeldekoden, sjekk SVN-lageret eller abonner på utviklingsloggen med RSS.
[0.3.2] – 2022-10-29
- Tested up through 6.1, clean up headers, no functional changes.
[0.3.1] – 2022-09-01
- Update headers for new ClassicPress plugin directory. No changes affecting WordPress
[0.3.0] – 2022-06-23
- Follow link trails, add aka.ms.
[0.2.4] – 2022-06-13
- Fix bugs with plaintext URLs at the end of a block.
[0.2.3] – 2022-06-10
- Fix bugs with tinyurl.com and URLs inside HTML links. (Plaintext URLs were working fine.)
[0.2.2] – 2022-01-29
- Initial release based on the code I’ve been running locally for years, plus changes requested by the WordPress plugin review team.
Source on Codeberg.
Plugin page at WordPress.
Plugin page at ClassicPress.
(c) 2016-2022 Kelson Vibber